Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pizza Burgers

My family loves these they are like little individual pizzas. I'm not sure anymore where the idea originated but it is a family favorite. It is a great substitute for high carb pizza. A trick to successful low carbing is finding acceptable substitutes for your favorite foods.
I use hamburger for my family but for me I use turkey burgers saves some me quite a few calories.

I cook the burgers in the oven and drain any grease form the pan.
Then we top each with a spoon of spaghetti sauce. (I look for sauce with no added sugars) Tomatoes are high in carbs so on mine I am a bit skimpy on the sauce. Then we top them with your basic pizza toppings and cheese. Put them under the broiler long enough to melt the cheese.
For my family I make two each and serve them with salad.

A variation on this recipe is to press the hamburger into the pan to make a big pizza. Remember to drain well before adding toppings.

No comments: