Wednesday, September 3, 2008

3 Minute Flourless Chocolate Cake

I love this recipe - CAROLYN'S 3-MINUTE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ok I admit it... I have a sweet tooth. This is amazingly simple - really only needs a 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder. I learned the hard way and did not test the recipe before serving it to company the original is kind of salty. It's pretty yummy with less baking powder I use a 1/4 teaspoon in mine. I'm not sure who Carolyn is but she came up with a wonderful recipe that is great for a last minute chocolate fix. I found it on the dessert section on the Stella Style board. By my calculations it has 9 carbs, 4 net carbs and 281 calories. It makes a pretty big serving. I you are eating low split it into 3rds or 4ths just enough to curb that sweet tooth. If you are keeping track of numbers be sure to divide by 3 or 4 if you split the recipe by 3rds or 4ths.

To send it over the top for some special occasion top it with whip cream and some fresh berries. I think it would work to split it into two bowls and have one cake today and freeze one for later.
If you do this don't forget to add in the additional carbs and calories.

CAROLYN'S 3-MINUTE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 teaspoon baking powder *
1 tablespoon butter, softened

Spray a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl with cooking spray. I used a Grab-it bowl. Add the egg and beat it with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until it puffs up and no longer looks wet in the center. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.

Makes 1 serving
Can be frozen

* Carolyn has since cut it back to 1/2 teaspoon.

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 281 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 261 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

No comments: