Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cookie Variations


I started with the Holiday Almond Cookies from
George Stella's Good Carb Family Cookbook on page 183.

Sugar Cookie Variation
I sub un sweetened coconut flour for the almond flour.
I don't take the time to chill the dough. I just make little balls and press them down on the pan.

Peanut Butter Variation
I sub un sweetened coconut flour for the almond flour.
I added 3T of un sweetened peanut butter. (Crunchy would probably be even better)
Roll in balls, press down with fingers and use a fork to make the cross hatch.

Chocolate Mint Version
I sub un sweetened coconut flour for the almond flour.
I added 3 T of un sweetened coco powder
1 T of Powdered Whey Low. (A little Whey Low always makes chocolate taste better)
A couple drops of Creme De Menthe Candy Flavoring Oil available from the link below.
http://www.anoccasionalchocolate.com/candy-flavoring.html
Roll in balls, press down with fingers

No comments: