Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How I get back on track

I have been doing this low carb way of life for nearly 10 years. Some years have been better than others. I have have learned how to quickly get back on track. When I first started I used the Atkins induction rules any more my getting back on track rules are very simple.
1. Eat protein when you are hungry (as much as you want)
2. Drink lots of water (more than you want)
3. Weigh and measure yourself - begin a journal write down what goes in your mouth.
4. Expect to feel lousy for 2-5 days. (try to pick a window that not too much is expected of you)
5. Expect to feel great soon. (make a list of things you want to do because you will have more energy than you know what to do with)
6. Start looking at low carb recipes that you want to try. Get inspired and have some meals you are looking forward too once you are off this little protein fast.
7. Keep every thing simple. Read articles or books or blogs, or forums on low carbing. It helps to know you are not the only one facing the various struggles you will encounter. I follow the Stellastyle plan once I am past the first week. www.stellastyle.com
8. Remember it is a journey so enjoy it.

Ps - I am not a doctor and I am simply sharing what I have found to work for me.

No comments: